Wednesday, December 17, 2008

11 Weeks!

We had our second scheduled appointment on Tuesday (3rd overall). They took a bunch of blood to run the gambit of testing that needs to be done. I was told that "no news is good news" so if I don't hear from them, everything came back good. We also got to hear the baby's heartbeat which was really cool. We've heard it before during the ultrasound but it was really echo-y sounding. This time we got to hear it with a machine made just for that purpose so it sounded just like a heartbeat you would hear with a stethoscope. I also felt the tiniest flutter of the baby moving in the morning so when the doctor was trying to locate him/her I knew right were they were :)

The doctor told us that at this point the chance of having a miscarriage are significantly lower so we're SO happy!! We plan on telling our news to our extended family and friends over Christmas and then everyone at work after the 1st of the year.
I can't wait!!

No comments:

Luciana has the Best Daddy Ever (and I have the Best Husband)!