Monday, December 8, 2008

A Few Scary Days

I started spotting on Nov. 20th and I was really scared after what happened last time. I called the doctor and he said that is was normal and not to worry but if it kept up to call him back.
It kept up for the entire next week, everyday. They asked me to come in on Dec. 1st for an ultrasound so they could make sure everything was okay. Waiting over the weekend was so hard. I didn't get out of bed except to use the bathroom and I did a ton of crying. Mike and I were prepared for the worst when we arrived at the doctor and I pretty much just felt numb. At first the ultrasound tech could not see anything and I could feel my heart sink (it was what I expected but it still hit me like a wave). But then - out of nowhere - was our little baby! We could see arms, legs, a nose but most importantly - a heart beat! Which now was beating a very strong 177 bpm.

Our baby even waved to us during the ultrasound as if to say "don't worry mom and dad, I'm okay". It was the greatest moment. The pics below were taken that day. Tom thinks that the 1st one looks just like Mike (but we can all see that giant brain is mine) :)


No comments:

Luciana has the Best Daddy Ever (and I have the Best Husband)!